Buddha's words

Buddha's words
My inspiration. We are what we think, All that we are arises from our thoughts, With our thoughts we make the world. Photo copyright Sean Duggan

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

My 4th CEO Sleepout to raise funds for the homeless in WA

Dear friends and readers

Do you know what the temperature will be tonight on 20 June 2013? I think it is going to be about 3 degrees.

Why does it matter when you are in your warm bed?

It does matter because there are close to 100,000 homeless persons in Australia.

To help spread the word about homelessness, I am sleeping in the open as a homeless lawyer tonight.

The St Vincent De Paul Society organises the CEO Sleepout every year to raise funds to help the homeless.

This year, we have had a record 1111Australia wide. WA has 113 CEOs registered.

On last count, I have raised close to $20,710. Andrew Forrest from FMG will be topping up any CEO who raises $20,000 with a further $10,000.

So I have exceeded my target of $25,000 as I will raise nearly $30,000 plus. That is all thanks to my generous friends and clients. They have all stepped up to support the event.

This is a photo from the West Australian.

St Vincent de Paul CEO Mark Fitzpatrick, Benz Industries CEO Bob Bollen, Lord Mayor Lisa Scaffidi, ABN Group CEO Dale Alcock, CASE for Refugees chair, Mary O'Hanlon Creed and Tan and Tan Lawyers CEO Raymond Tan. Picture: Nic Ellis/The West Australian

It will be freezing tonight. Wish me luck.




No comments: