Buddha's words

Buddha's words
My inspiration. We are what we think, All that we are arises from our thoughts, With our thoughts we make the world. Photo copyright Sean Duggan

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

My 5th year sleeping as a homeless lawyer

Dear friends

Yes, it is that time again when I brave the cold. I am sleeping as a homeless lawyer for the 5th time on 19 June 2014. Yes this is the 5th time I am sleeping out.

I will be one of the handful of CEOs who have done it for 5 years in a row.

This year, I managed to persuade 4 other Chinese leaders of industry to take part with me. They have no idea what they are in for and I am laughing all the way to the sleepout.

Pan who is in the health goods industry has decided to join me.  He is actually leading me in the donation stakes but I am trying my best to catch up with him at $11,000 while I am at $8000.

Shen, who is my golfing mate and owner of Mozart Patisserie is behind me at nearly $2500.

Wing from OmniDesign and Zheng from Nishi Sushi are trailing at the $500 mark.

It does not matter how much they raise. The important issue is that they are highlighting the homeless problem to the Asian community.

I wish them the best in their fund raising.


Meanwhile, if you have considered the plight of the homeless and wish to donate, just go to http://www.ceosleepout.org.au/ceos/wa-ceos/raymond-tan to donate.

I have just been told that Andrew Forrest of FMG will donate a further $5000 to my credit if I raise $10,000 and $10,000 if I raise $20,000. Here's to hard work to raise more funds for the homeless.

Night.

No comments: